PROAEROPORTO, SA. provides its clients the SKYBAGS Service – Home check-in Service, a residential check-in to partner airlines. This service consists in collecting the client’s baggage prior to his/her flight from a given address by an identified and uniformed agent, performing also the check-in procedures at the airport on the customer’s behalf.
SKYBAGS Service is subject to the following clauses:
- SKYBAGS Service is only provided in presence of a valid partner airline ticket.
- All Passengers must be present at the time of home check-in in order to comply with the documentation check.
- PROAEROPORTO will not, under any circumstances, accept baggage from non present passengers, even if his/her documentation is available at the time of our visit.
- All baggage to be transported by PROAEROPORTO should be closed and ready at the time of our visit and must not contain any dangerous or illicit objects following IATA and the airline recommendations. In signing the Service and Transportation Permit (STP), the Passenger becomes the sole responsible for its content.
- The Passenger is responsible for carrying all needed documentation for the intended trip and this should accompany him/her through the entire journey.
- The documentation will have to be available for check at the time of the home check-in service.
- All baggage is mandatorilly sealed by our staff in presence of the Passenger(s), being all unique serial numbers from the tags and braces used registered in the Service and Transportation Permit (STP).
- All baggage will be weighed and measured, being all possible excess weight or extra dimensions charged at the time of the service.
- In exchange for the SKYBAGS service, the Client will be given the original of the Service and Transportation Permit, which must mandatorilly be signed by the Client.
- The original of the Service and Transportation Permit will be delivered to the Client as substitute to his/her airline ticket which will be in possession of PROAEROPORTO in order to complete the check-in procedures at the airport on behalf of the Passenger. On the day of the flight, the ticket will be given back along with the Boarding-pass.
- The Client is obliged to show at the airport with the convenient time (one hour) before the flight. The non compliance with this deadline can endanger the transportation of the Passenger and/or baggage.
- At the airport the Passenger should go to the airline desk (hand baggage check-in desk in case of TAP) showing the Service and Transportation Permit. The Passenger should also be accompanied by all needed documentation.
- The possession and validity of the documents registered in the Service and Transportation Permit were verified by PROAEROPORTO, the Passenger being compromised to carry them through the entire journey. PROAEROPORTO declines any responsibility for the omission of any documents at the moment of boarding, as well as for its authenticity.
- The baggage registered in the Service and Transportation Permit will be put by the Client at the responsibility and guard of PROAEROPORTO for its transportation and check-in procedures prior to the flight on behalf of the Passenger. PROAEROPORTO’s responsibility will end when the check-in procedures at the airport are complete and confirmed by signature/stamp of the check-in desk.